- August 22, 2017
- Posted by: CIP Journal
- Category: Citizenship, Passports
The Union of Comoros citizenship by investment program is one of the cheapest CBI programs in the World. The Comoros Economic citizenship by investment program established in 2001 and Law On Economic Citizenship as of 27 November 2008 regulates the Economic citizenship program in Comoros and in 2013 significant changes were made in the Legislation.
The Union of Comoros is an Island nation in the Indian Ocean situated northeast of Mozambique and northwest of Madagascar, off the eastern coast of Africa. Comoros is a beautiful country with unspoilt beaches. Comoros is officially based on four major islands which are Grande Comore, Moheli, Anjouan and Mayotte. About 800,000 people live in Comoros. Please refer to Wikipedia
- Cheapest second citizenship program.
- No residence requirements.
- Fast Application processing time 2 months.
- Comoros passport has visa free travel to 45 countries.
- Citizenship for spouse and child under 18 years.
- No visit to Comoros required for citizenship.
- Lifetime citizenship.
- Dual citizenship allowed
- Citizenship is private and confidential not reported.
- No taxes for economic citizens.
Comoros citizenship-by-investment program is closed by the Comoros Government from May 2017 and expected to reopen in the future.
All applicants must make one time donation to the Government in the form of fees. The donation amount only to be paid after receiving the approval letter from the Government
- Main applicant: USD 45,000
- Spouse: USD 20,000
- Child 0-18 years old: USD 10,000.
- Child 18-25: USD 20,000
The Comoros passport issued under the citizenship by investment program is valid for 5 years which can be renewed easily upon expiry.
- Above 18 years
- No previous criminal record
- Pass due diligence
- Pose no threat to country
- Not from a Restricted or blacklisted country (Iran, France) or a country with international sanctions
Comoros passport is recognized in over 40 countries worldwide. According to Henley visa index 2017, Comorian passport is ranked #88 in the world with visa free access to 48 countries.
Visa Free Travel
Citizens of Comoros with valid passport can travel to these countries visa free.
How to Apply
- Apply through Authorized Agent Applications for citizenship must only be handled by an Authorized Agent. An “authorized agent” acts on behalf of the main applicant to Government by submitting application under citizenship by investment. You must also pay initial 10% deposit.
- Authorized Agent will help you in preparing the documentation for submission. Applicant must complete the official forms, attend a medical examination with supporting documents in English. Some documents require apostille/legalization. Once all documents are in order, the Agent will submit the application to the Government of Comoros and liaise to all correspondence, queries or questions on the file that may arise.
- The application will be vetted through a thorough due diligence back ground check which will verify the information that Applicant has provided. The competent Authority will consider the file in the light of the due diligence report, and will take a decision about the application. Applicant will receive a ‘Approval letter’ from the Comoros Government within 2 months through the authorized agent about the status of application (delayed, rejected, approved).
- Once the approval letter is received, the applicant has to complete all the payment within 30 days to the Government including for all the dependents..
- The Government will issue Certificate of Citizenship once the payment is received within 1 week. Applicant can apply for Comoros passport using the citizenship certificate which should take another week.