- August 25, 2017
- Posted by: CIP Journal
- Category: Citizenship
Belgium offers golden visa for entrepreneurs and investors who setup a new Belgian company and create atleast 5 jobs for Belgians. Belgium although does not have a direct citizenship by investment program, all investors are required to go through a naturalisation procedure involving residency (ie living in Belgium).
- Belgium is trade hub of Europe and major financial center
- No minimum residence requirements.
- Ease of doing business in Europe through Belgium VAT
- Live, work, and study in Belgium
- Free movement visa free in all schengen area countries
- Right to work and get employed
- Processing time is 2 months.
- European residency for Family
- Efficient Tax planning for high value investors.
The minimum investment required is EUR 350,000 spread out for 5 years. The first year costs will come around EUR 200,000 as it involves company incorporation costs, lawyer fee, investment capital, office setups and social contributions and taxes.
It is important to note that Belgium does not offer residence visa, based on buying real estate in Belgium, unlike Portugal or Spain
You qualify for Belgian citizenship,
- After 5 years of living in Belgium
- Pass local language test
As a new Belgian citizen, you are entitled to a Belgium passport.
Belgium allows dual citizenship with other countries
The Belgian passport is one of the best top 5 european passports in the world with visa free travel to 173 countries in the World. Becoming a Belgian citizen, means you get status as ‘EU citizen’ with rights to freely live, work and study in all other member states of the European Union.