- January 2, 2018
- Posted by: CIP Journal
- Category: Immigration
Hungary is emerging to be a popular country for migration. The Hungarian bond program closed in 2017, attracted number of international investors getting permanent residence in Hungary. About 6,538 foreigners got permanent residence in Hungary through Residency bond program.
According to the latest statistics data, released by Office of Asylum and Migration, office for 2017
- Hungary issued over 50,000 residence permits for various purposes.
- Hungary issued 8015 national settlement permits in 2017.
- Hungary issued 23,444 residence permits for employment or gainful activity (business)
- Hungary granted 8,015 national settlement permits
- Hungary issued about 149 EC permanent residence permits.
- Hungary deported more Pakistani, Algerian and Serbian nationals.
- Total number of asylum seekers reduced significantly from 28,803 (2016) to 3,187 (2017).
- Afghan, Iraqi and Syrian nationals lead in number of Asylum applications.
|Name of status||Number of submitted applications|
|I-XI. 2016||I-XI. 2017||Change||Change in %|
|National residence permits||2||5||3||100.00%|
|EC permanent residence permits||130||149||19||14.62%|
|National settlement permits||7,222||8,015||793||10.98%|
|Interim permanent residence permits||7||20||13||185.71%|
Residence permits issued
|Purpose of stay||I-XI. 2016||In the % of all the applications||I-XI. 2017||In the % of all the applications||Changes||Changes in %|
|Employment or Pursuit of Gainful Activity||13,278||34.29%||23,444||42.91%||10,166||76.56%|
|Other purposes of stay||468||1.21%||745||1.36%||277||59.19%|