- February 1, 2018
- Posted by: CIP Journal
- Category: Golden visa
The Demand for Greece golden visas are at all time high. In the year 2017, foreigners approved of Golden visa in Greece has soared by 40% compared to the previous year. 2170 golden visas were issued in 2017. Chinese, Russians and Turks are the top three countries investing in Golden visa scheme of Greece.
Greece golden visa programme requires €250,000 euro investment in property currently, cheapest and most popular golden visa in Europe, attracting significant investor interest from China, Russia and Turkey.
- EU residency – As Greece is a member of the European Union, you will be an EU resident.
- Visa Free travel – Greece is part of the Schengen Zone of Europe allowing you to move freely.
- Family – Your spouse, your minor and dependent children up to 21. In addition your and your spouse’s parents can also be included.
- No residency requirement – You are not required to live in Greece prior or during the application, or even after residency has been granted.
- Greek citizenship – Recently voted amendments of Citizenship Code, the years fulfilled by Golden visa are taken into consideration. After 7 years of continuous residency, you can apply for the Greek Citizenship (passport).
Golden visas issued
Golden visas issued by Country
Source: Data as of 30 Nov 2017. Ministry of Migration Policy, Enterprise Greece
Property Investors and their family receive a five year permanent residence permit to live in Greece which enables them free movement in 26 schengen countries.
Property prices in Greece are at 50% pre-crisis levels with booming tourism, short term rentals. Greek property investment now offer attractive investment yields, say industry experts.
The Golden visa scheme in Greece was launched five years ago in 2013, at the time of economic crisis, now the popularity of the program soaring, amid new wave of investor interest.
Enterprise Greece has been promoting the Golden visa Greece program at several events around the world and campaigning for investment in Greece. According to Enterprise Greece…
- Greece’s four major banks have reduced their stock of bad loans and are starting to sell off distressed assets to foreign investors.
- Foreign nationals have invested €1 billion to purchase Greek real estate under Greece’s Golden Visa program. Since the program’s inception in 2013
- The amount of foreign direct investment in Greece has jumped sharply, according to the latest data from the Bank of Greece. FDI inflows to Greece for H1 2017 reached € 2,129.7 million
- Greek tourism is set for another record year in 2017 with the country on track to welcome 30 million visitors.
- Greek exports rose 18.2% to €14.2 billion in the first six months of the year, compared with €12 billion last year.