- August 24, 2017
- Posted by: CIP Journal
- Category: Citizenship
St Lucia citizenship by investment programs offers citizenship to investors through the purchase of non-interest bearing Government bonds valued at USD 500,000 locked for 5 years.
The entire amount is refunded to the investor after 5 years, while the citizenship is permanent.
Bond option is the cheapest way to get citizenship in St Lucia. The entire investment is fully refunded after 5 years and this way you dont lose any money (except Government fees) unlike the Donation option where you have to pay USD 100,000 which is a non-refundable contribution to Government.
The following guidelines are made subject to Regulation 12 and schedule 2 of the Citizenship by Investment Regulations No. 89 of 2015 (‘‘the Regulations’’) which guide the operation of the Citizenship by Investment Unit (‘‘the Unit’’)
Government Bond Investment
Government of Saint Lucia’s Bonds are issued under the National Savings and Development Bonds Act Ch.15.25 of 2005 of the Revised Laws of Saint Lucia. Once an application for citizenship has been approved, the applicant must make their purchase of the non-interest bearing Government bonds through the Debt and Investment Unit in the Ministry of Finance
|Applicant applying alone||USD $500, 000|
|Applicant applying with spouse||USD $535,000|
|Applicant applying with spouse
and up to 2 other qualifying dependents
|USD $550, 000|
|Each additional qualifying dependent||USD
|Non-Refundable Bond Administrative Fee
|USD $50, 000 per bond application|
|Due diligence fee||USD 7,500 main applicant and USD 5000 (over 16 years)|
|Processing fee||USD 2000 main applicant and USD 1000 for dependent.|
All investors have to pay the due diligence and application fees when applying under Government bond option.
Steps for Acquiring Citizenship
- Satisfy a minimum qualifying investment for the purchase of non-interest bearing Government bonds.
- Keep Government bonds which have been purchased as a qualifying investment for a five year holding period.
- Once the transaction is complete, the applicant would be provided with a Bond Certificate within 21 calendar days.
- A certified copy of the Bond Certificate must be submitted to the Unit as proof of having made the qualifying investment.
- Upon receipt of the Bond Certificate, the Unit shall process the issuance of a Citizenship Certificate.