- January 1, 2018
- Posted by: CIP Journal
- Category: Residency
Estonia is the first country to offer e-Residency, a government-issued digital ID, available to anyone in the world. Estonia ranks 1st for tax competitiveness and 12th for ease of doing business.
E-Residency is a government-issued digital identity that gives you the freedom to run a global, EU-company online from anywhere in the world.
- Start an Estonian company 100% online from anywhere in the world
- Start and manage EU company 100% online. Be the full owner of your company. No local director needed
- Access EU Single Market and legal framework
- Work from anywhere and manage remotely
- Minimize startup costs
- Digitally Sign, authenticate, encrypt documents online
- Pay taxes online
The E-Residency card issued from Estonia is not a visa or residence permit and does not give you rights to live, work or visit Estonia. It’s just a digital card for doing business online.
Here are the statistics of the popularity of the e-Residency programme in Estonia
- 27,068 Applications
- 143 Countries
- 4272 Companies registered by e-Residents
E-Residency empowers you with all of the tools you need to establish and manage a location-independent business from anywhere in the world.
E-Residency offers an open and transparent EU business environment for global entrepreneurs. All e-residents receive background checks from the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board before they are handed their secure government-issued digital identity. Key data about their companies established in Estonia is then publically available in official records, such as taxation and the identity of owners.
- € 100 e-Residency fee processing the application
- € 200 state fee for company registration and management.
- € 200 bank account opening fee
Read more: https://e-resident.gov.ee